Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Choices

Choices...
we make them numerous times everyday...what clothes should I wear today, what should I have for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  
As a child our choices involved who to play with and what game to play.
In elementary school we had to choose who to sit with at lunch and who to play with at recess.
In junior high our choices revolved around what to wear to school and who to hang out with...because it's not cool to "play" anymore!
In senior high our choices became slightly more important...what classes to take, where to apply to college, what you want to do with your life and of course what car you want to drive!
At the age of 17 or 18 we ask our children to make a choice about what they want to do for the rest of their lives.
I chose to be an elementary teacher.  I love teaching and am very happy with the choice I made when I entered college.  My husband on the other hand made several choices when we was in college, we met when he thought he wanted to be a teacher.  (I am secretly glad he wanted to be a teacher as we met in a class when he was an elementary major.)  He however, decided teaching wasn't for him and decided to follow his heart and work in law enforcement.

I recently had a conversation with a college freshman.  After he completed his first semester he decided the career path he chose wasn't where his heart was calling him.  After some soul searching he decided to change his major the first day of class.    When he shared his decision with his parents they did not support his choice.  Would you support your son or daughter's choice to change majors after one semester? 



My day was filled with many choices today.   However, my favorite choice was what picture to post on my blog!  I can't believe I am going to say this, but I really look forward to sitting down at night and putting my thoughts down on "paper".  The picture I am choosing to post was taken during my lunch break.  I was on a mission to find one of the items for Scavenger Hunt Sunday when I was struck by the beauty of this old barn.  I used this barn during one of my senior picture shoots this fall, but at the time I was more concerned with the client than the actual building.  


I can't show you the "hole" barn just yet!  You'll have to stop back on Sunday if you want to see it! 
To my college freshman friend and to all who are facing tough choices...
Follow your heart and ask God for his guidance.
"In your heart you plan your life.
      But the Lord decides where your steps will take you."
Proverbs 16:9 (NIRV)

As always, thanks for stopping by!  What choices are you making today?


Much love to all, 
~W~

1 comment:

  1. You are choosing to be a blog monster! LOL Love old barns with history and character!

    ReplyDelete