Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Yes it's that time again...
time to sit down and look through the hundreds of pictures I took this week and hope I have something to use for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  I don't normally take hundreds of pictures during the week but this week was an exceptionally fun week photographically.  Sunday we took our son to the sweetest place on earth...not realizing it was one of this week's prompts...SCORE!   Read about Monday's adventure here.  Wednesday my husband and I went to the camera store to look at new cameras and lenses..wow...I have an expensive habit!   Thursday my husband and I took a photo walk through the park next to our house.  Saturday I caught up with Shay and finished out my week taking pictures of Old Barns and getting chased on unmarked private property.  That's a first for me but not for Shay, what a great mentor!


1.  WATER


A beautiful reflection in the water.  
Captured at the Star Barn in Middletown, PA



2.  LIGHT


I wasn't really sure what kind of light to capture so when I was looking through my pictures this week, this one jumped out at me.  I captured this bokeh at Hershey's Chocolate World.  I loved the colorful lights and I really loved how it looked when I captured it this way! 


3.  CHOCOLATE


Is there any other kind of chocolate than Hershey's?  Our daughter was away last weekend so on Sunday my husband and I asked our son what he would like to do for the day.  He chose to go to Hershey's Chocolate World.  Imagine my delight when I read this week's prompts!  I took lots of pictures of chocolate but I liked how plain and simple this one was!

4.  ANIMAL

(SOOC)

If you read my post earlier this week, you will recognize this high flying guy!  Shay and I found him at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area on Monday.  Usually I take lots of pictures of animals and you would think after visiting lots of barns on Saturday I would have hundreds to choose from this week!  But no such luck so my little snow goose friend is going to make another appearance in my blog!


5.  CROWDED


(SOOC)
Another picture from our Monday adventure!!!  There were literally thousands of snow geese taking off, the sky was so crowded.  I couldn't help but wonder how the birds kept from running into each other. 



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my work.   
I'd love to hear your comments.
Have a great week!
Focusing on Him,
~W~



19 comments:

  1. I love the reflection in your water shot and out-of-focus style to your lights. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you knocked it out again! You are SO lucky to have a photobud to adventure with (heehee)! LOVE the light shot! And can ya paleez take your chocolate loving bud with you to chocolate world next time? Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome shots! That first one is REALLY amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that light and the duck! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Shay have the PERFECT photos for "crowded". Just lovely. And I think your "light" shot is so vibrant and creative. Great job. Are you and Shay still going to be in Philly on the 25th? If so, let me know if there is somewhere or something in particular you would like to see/do. If I haven't been there, I can research it out for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The water shot is great - that reflection is truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning set. Light and water are beautiful but crowded is a show stopper for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photos....my favorite might be the birds. But the reflection is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set this week! I love the reflection in your water photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Excellent pictures. I can't decide which one I like the most. Maybe crowded. That's a great shot of all those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful reflection in your water shot...and I love crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...amazing pictures. My favorite set I've seen so far. Especially love the water shot. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are wonderful! I especially like the first one with the reflection, really nice. And what fun to visit Hershey's chocolate factory!! And those snow geese, now that's a crowd!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choices for the Scavenger Hunt. My favorite is Water - great reflections!
    Thanks for your visit and comment on my Scavenger Hunt post.
    Have a blessed day!
    Lea
    Lea's menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing images! Crowded is stunning and I so love the reflection in your Water shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All this chocolate is making me hungry for a treat... I just love those last two bird shots. They are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The snow geese shot is truly a wonder. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...love the sky full of birds!! ;) and the light pic is indeed very cool!! ;)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete