Saturday, March 17, 2012

Strike a pose...



Last night our neighbor hosted a  kid's book exchange.  
The idea was to save money by exchanging the books your child has already read with books another family has already read.  Great idea right?  How cool is that?  So K gathered up some of the books she has already read and we headed up the street to H's house.  We walked in to a plethora of books!  K exchanged her books for new ones and then proceeded to "hang out" with her friends.  I took my camera along in hopes of capturing one or two pictures for this week's scavenger hunt!
As we were getting ready to leave, H's little sis L, noticed I had my camera.  L, never one to miss a photo opportunity started to strike a pose.  I turned my camera on and started snapping away.  Little did I know this would attract all the other kids at the party!  So I pretended to be the paparazzi and encouraged the kids to strike a pose and model for me.  I had as much fun capturing the attitudes and abilities of all the kids at the party as they did posing!  The parents were standing behind me laughing at all the crazy things their kids were doing.  Now you will notice in the pictures below, the two oldest kids, H and K, did not want to strike a pose and walk the runway with the others!  I guess when you are their age, 10 and 11, it's not fun to pose in front of the camera unless it's their idea!  
L, H2, C, H3, E, I had so much fun capturing your playful side...let's do it again sometime.  
And Big H and Big K when you want to walk the runway and strike a pose for me...just let me know I'll be there with my camera to capture the fun!  








 

 



 















 












And one  last picture to remember the night...




The night was filled with good food, good conversation and many laughs...I am looking forward to the next one...!

Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories.
 - Dave Brenner


If you would like to know more about the book exchange please let me know.  It was tons of fun and an inexpensive way to get new books for K to read.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear your comments!

Focusing on Him,
~W~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment