Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hunting Again...


I can't remember the last time I grabbed my camera and just explored.  In October I upgraded my camera and have been itchin' to get out and explore.  Earlier this week, my BFF sent me a text.  It said pick three words.  So I played along and said, crazy...happy...love.  She then replied with three words, blue...vintage...fiber. Then she said, you have until Saturday to find these items and post them.  I had no idea when I would find the time to go hunt but I agreed.  I was thinking of all the ways I could interpret the words and what I had at home to capture them, but nothing really spoke to me other than the blue wig I wear when I teach sometimes.  (Yes, you read that correctly!  Maybe some day I'll post a picture of me wearing it on here!)   Fast forward to Friday night when I realized my pictures were due the next day.  I had to come up with a plan and Fast!  I asked begged Nelson to go with me to explore!  He reluctantly agreed!  So here are my interpretations! 



1.  BLUE



Ok, so I didn't capture this picture on my hunt today!  I actually created this on Friday night.  I was sitting on the couch and decided to revisit a technique that Shay and I attempted a few months ago.  I am pretty happy with the results! 

2.  VINTAGE





When I saw this vintage table it reminded me of my Grandma's kitchen.  Don't you just want to pull up a chair and sip a cup of tea you steeped on this...


Alright I know that is two vintage pictures but I couldn't resist!  


3.  FIBER


I'm not quite sure if this qualifies as fiber but just look at all those Vera Bradley bags!  I just loved the way they looked stacked in the window!  I also liked how the window frames the building from across the street.

4.  CRAZY


I am CRAZY in love with this picture.  I don't know what it is but when I saw the goose standing there I was just captivated by his or her beauty.  I also thought it was pretty cool that he was standing on top of the water!  I watched a whole group of these geese trying to make their way across the pond.  It was so funny watching them walk a little then slip, walk a little then slip, occasionally the ice would crack and the geese would take a dip!

5.  HAPPY


More from my Friday night experiment!  I am so HAPPY with the way this image turned out.  I wasn't too impressed with it until I looked at it on the computer and started playing around with it.  I guess I learned an important lesson...never judge a picture before you play around in Photoshop! 

I may order this on a canvas to hang on the wall in my house.


6.  LOVE


Alright, so I took the easy way out on this prompt!  On our adventure we stumbled into this awesome candy shop.  I actually took this picture for my crazy prompt since Puxatawney Phil is predicting an early spring!  But I thought it fit the description of LOVE so much better!


It felt so good to get back out and explore.  It was even more fun with my two favorite men tagging along with me.  I love visiting the town of Lititz!  In two weeks they are having an ice festival.  I am hoping to convince my family to go back with me!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my interpretations!  Wonder where I will venture next week!

Focusing on Him,
~W~

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm.....
    you 'inked' without me?
    hope you bought me that vintage kitchen table!!
    hope you bought me a Vera!!
    LOVE the goose shot!!
    You hunted out and about without me...BWAAAAA!!
    I know, I could have come, but I was 'molly grubbing' at home cuz I had to go to work!!
    Can ya paleez text me your next 3 words?? I will think on mine today!

    ReplyDelete