Sunday, January 27, 2013

Down by the water...


It is cold!  Really cold! Really, REALLY cold.  
It has been brutally cold the past few days.  In fact, it snowed on Friday.  Even though it is really cold, the snow is almost melted.  Since it's so cold, I decided we would stay in today and just relax.  I also thought it was a perfect day for homemade chicken noodle soup.  Let me just tell you it was incredible.  I've never made homemade chicken noodle soup before so I really had no idea what I was doing.  I just started throwing a little of this and a little of that in the pot.  Kinda wish I would have written down the recipe!   

While the soup was simmering, I sat down at my computer and started looking at all the pictures I've taken over the last year.  Wow, let me just tell you I am glad we are in a digital age...there are thousands of pictures!  I was trying to find a picture that I could post today.  I haven't been in the mood lately to just grab my camera and go on an adventure...course it could have something to do with the brutal cold!

As I was flipping through the pictures, I found some pictures from a weekend getaway in September.  Before I tell you about the location of the getaway, let me tell you a little about the getaway.  I've been taking this weekend getaway every year since I was two.  The location is the same, however, the place we stay has changed over the years, in fact I think we have changed places 5 times.  We've been at our current place for well over 15 years.  Each year the number of people that join us grows...this year I believe there were 60 people.  Yes, you read that correctly 60 people.  We rent a ton of rooms and pretty much have the run of the place.  All the kids have someone to play with and hang out with.  So where on earth do we go each year?  
We go here:

“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
--Sri Sathya Sai Baba


Even in the middle of winter, I can still hear the crash of the waves and feel the cool ocean breeze on my face.  Do you want to take a break from the cold and join me on the beach?  Can't you feel the sand between your toes?  Ahhhhhhh pure peacefulness! 


Just in case you don't believe me about the number of people in our group...we took a picture this year!  This picture is missing 5 people.  This is the first time we got everyone together for a group shot!  So I don't think missing 5 people is too bad!!!


If you need me, I'll be down by the water!


Focusing on Him, 
~W~

No comments:

Post a Comment